6.29.2008

it take more than a magazine to kill my vibe




You may have already heard about a recent underwhelming Kanye West performance (& it's subsequent underwhelming reception) at Bonnaroo. Ladies & gentlemen, it was just plain rude. Well, judging from his rebuttal Sir West certainly had an entirely different perspective on how all that shit went down. And as you know, you can't tell him nothin'.


"
I am sick of negative people who just sit around trying 2 plot my downfall... Why???? I understand if people don't like me because I like me or if people think tight clothes look gay or people say I run my mouth to much, But this Bonnaroo thing is the worst insult I've ever had in my life. This is the most offended I've ever been... this is the maddest I ever will be. I'm typing so fucking hard I might break my fucking Mac book Air!!!!!!!!..."


But really, I wasn't too shocked by this semi-illiterate response from an angry Kanye. The real reason for writing this was to feature a post of someone I really admire/idolize/potentially have a nerd celebrity crush on. And no, it's not Mr. Throw Your Diamonds In The Sky.

Sasha Frere-Jones's letter teaches us (& Kanye West) to take a deep breath & rap all them bad vibes here.

No comments: