6.16.2008

all of these days & all of these nights - they only prove i've been taking my time




I promised myself I would be in bed by 12:30* as to avoid feeling like a deflated balloon tomorrow at work (you know what I'm talking about), but I made the mistake of fumbling around
The Blah Blah's blog. I hit upon Amy Courts & had to pause for a moment to make a quick announcement: she was hurtin' but hey, no one puts baby in a corner. In her semi-confessional lyrics, it's obvious some things may be over - but Courts is just beginning.

Reading her bio, I have to ask myself: what IS it with Christian songstresses? Clearly someone has got it figured out, because they produce the most staggering melodies. Courts's (independently released) sophomore album These Cold and Rusted Lungs is brimming with honesty. It's not surprising considering she wrote all songs but one on the entire album. There's nothing cryptic in her lyrics. Is simple, is genuine, is probably something your aunt would enjoy.

I've always been a bit jealous of throaty voices. They make you want to care about them. I've heard two songs & I already care.

Amy Courts - Breathe
Amy Courts - Inevitable


*Had to post the morning after due to nauseating computer troubles.

No comments: