8.08.2008

baby, look at me

Nigel Lythgoe once said, “What I dislike are dance snobs, and those are people who think you need a formal training with years and years of experience before you can be called a dancer...You don’t just need a formal training. It’s because you have a great feel for dance.” So I suppose this season's So You Think You Can Dance winner Joshua Allen fits the bill pretty well.

Although I believe SYTYCD to be the best competitive/reality television show out there - & by far my favourite summer indulgence - I have to admit its campyness ultimately distracts from America choosing the "best" dancer. My favourite dancer of season three was Danny Tidwell, but I can see how his elitist air could have jarred with the pop culture of the show (he placed runner-up).

Despite all the cheese & politics, the finale did relive my favourite dance of the season: Chelsea & Mark's hip-hop routine to Bleeding Love. & everything about it is catered to my unsophisticated senses, my hoi polloi heart.