7.30.2008

poetry & airplanes (i'm tired of waiting for love)

















I first heard about Teitur from a short article on Paste. For some reason, my (young/eager) heart was prompted to downloaded their song Poetry & Airplanes onto my cellphone - something I would never fathom to do now. I later played it to a friend while driving by a shaded road (
warm still through the scratch of makeshift speakers).

Since then I haven't seriously ventured into anymore Teitur; he sounded like Rufus Wainwright meets Damien Rice's poetic aspirations & that was a bit too much melodrama even for me to take. As yet, that one song always reminded me of how white bedsheets reflect against skin (morning, saturday) & driving down dirt roads that feel like shattered champagne bottles on stained carpets.

I recently came upon an NPR feature on Teitur's Catherine the Waitress (which strikes similarities to a Bobbie Allen meets Joe Christmas relationship - anyone, anyone?). I didn't recognize him from how he coyly smiled to me behind the diner bar. Maybe I would miss him now.



Catherine The Waitress - Teitur (2008)

No comments: