5.31.2008

to do: summer 2008

There are many things I'm a bit embarrassed about -not having read "One Hundred Years of Solitude" being one of them. That needs to happen. I picked up my copy at the local Goodwill today, and cannot wait to begin the gem.

I also have a list of movies that need to be watched this summer:

- HE WAS A QUIET MAN
- The Promotion
- THE GO-GETTER
- Wristcutters: A Love Story
- Mysterious Skin
- Choke
- Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
- The Ballad of Jack & Rose
- The Diving Bell & The Butterfly
- THE LOOKOUT
- Starting Out In The Evening
- Coffee & Cigarettes
- Rear Window
- Pi
- The Hawk Is Dying
- The Fall
- Volver
- The Science of Sleep
- The Usual Suspects
- Love Comes Lately
- Fargo
- Taxi Driver


I'm highly enjoying the Jonathan Safran Foer I picked up at the UofA [cheaper] bookstore of lonely books no longer wanted at the main shop; basically my favourite spot in the world. I did not realize he was married to Nicole Krauss - I don't even want to know how fantastic their son is going to be.

Well - the new "Mates of State" is out & I don't want to sound self-absorbed - but "The Re-Arranger" precisely mirrors this summer's feel. I couldn't pin-point it until I heard the piano vamp, the rhythmic background "eee" and "duhdahduh's." The repeating "Re-arrange/re-arrange/re-arrange/re-arrange us." This is the space I inhabit.

Just stop & shake it off.

Mates of State - The Re-Arranger

He Was A Quiet Man Trailer:

No comments: