12.20.2008

seahorse fidelity is a gift


I'm into this business. I'm into this fall asleep when you can no longer keep your eyes open, but fall asleep to
this lullaby business. I'm into this waking late/rising later with the noontime sun, guiltless deal. I'm into avocados, pumpkin pie, and these bowls of Christmas chocolates by my bedside. I'm into certain kitschy holiday-scented candles too. I'm into introducing my mum to Mad Men (long ago purchased & quickly set aside for these days) because she's a period piece kind of gal. I'm into Absalom, Absalom! and Dylan's Chronicles I (girlie, it's been two years coming). I'm into beautiful things in store windows (you in my eyes), in my ears. I'm into spending hours being reminded of how much I've missed this past term--I'm into writing about them, now that I have time, but there's always too much to say. Let's understand that I always overshoot (past the time I'm given/the time I think I have).


I sang this song in a joyful choir during high school (choreography included). I'm fairly certain I love Christmas most for how it evokes nostalgic memories (perhaps never mine), so it seemed fitting--if I were going to try--to start here.

Asleep At The Wheel--Chattanooga Choo Choo

No comments: